JORDAN eCURRENT NEWS
- Jordan celebrates its 38th year anniversary--as one of the leading Exterior Building Enclosure companies in the New York region. Jordan has met the challenges over these many years, building hundreds of projects, through diverse economies...these current times have taken a toll on our industry and many in the contracting community...we continue to invest in our company, in our endeavor to serve our Contractor and Architect clients as well as our employees. We look forward to continued incremental growth, we are continually proud of our achievements and to part of our contracting community as we build into the future.
- John A Finamore Sr, President
- History repeats itself at the Brooklyn Navy Yard...
Demolition and site preparation began this summer for the "Green Manufacturing Center and The New Lab" bringing over 360,000 square feet of green manufacturing and a collaborative design/ fabrication laboratory. Jordan Panel Systems working with the building Team of Plaza Construction and Architect Cybul & Cybul will be responsible to furnish and install the building enclosure of standing seam metal roof, metal wall panels and skylights. Over three football fields long, with steel truss beams over 100 years old, the "core and shell" provide a 70-foot high span to create a very open feel. This proud Navy Yard facility once a relic of Brooklyn's past is being rebuilt for Brooklyn's future.
President, John A Finamore, Sr. Remarked...
"Jordan Panel takes pride in being part of this "rebirth" project ... My grandfather along with many other men supported the Navy Yard during World War II. Vital to America's war effort, this facility produced more than ships...it provided jobs and a spirit of Brooklyn pride.
- Jordan comes through for the Grand Opening!
"We are extremely excited to be part of the finishing build team for the new Brooklyn Barclays Center," remarked John Anthony Finamore Jr.
Jordan Panel Systems-Working with Commodore Construction, Hunt Construction and SHOP architects. Jordan performed the installation of an interior "Architectural Stainless Steel Curtain System." This created a spectacular entrance lobby that intertwines throughout the facility. Barclays Center is a 675,000 SF sports and entertainment arena and hosting over 200 events per year, featuring 18,000 seats for basketball and 19,000 seats for concerts, plus 104 luxury suites.
- "Building on JFK's great legacy as the nation's premier international
Jordan Panel Systems was selected to provide a furnish and install enclosure solution for the expansion of Terminal One Group's international arrivals and baggage area. Being the first selected terminal to support air operations of the new Airbus A380 Large Capacity Aircraft, Terminal One will be able to handle the arrival and clearance of over 2,400 people an hour. Terminal One Group's partner airlines are Air France, Lufthansa, Japan Air and Korean Airlines," John Finamore Sr. remarked, adding that being the façade subcontractor on the original Terminal One with Morse Diesel brings this expansion full circle regarding Jordan's expertise building multiple aviation facilities and infrastructure at JFK.
July 20, 2012
- Taking a global leadership role in design and sustainability, BMW is renovating their existing deale36rship into separate facilities. This includes both the Mini Cooper and BMW Certified Pre-Owned cars at the Chapman Building along "Auto Row" 11th Ave and 56th St. Jordan Panel Systems was selected as the Specialty Exterior Contractor to furnish and install.
March 15, 2012
- As a subcontractor to Morgan Construction Enterprises, Inc. designed by award winning EwingCole Architect's, Jordan is pleased to be selected as the Specialty Building Enclosure Contractor to Furnish and install the Metal Panel and Curtain Wall for this project. The three-story 53,000 square foot addition is awarded by the US Army Corps of Engineers- Designed to achieve LEED Silver Certification. This will become the home for optometry, ophthalmology, physical therapy, and orthopedics clinics, as well as provide TRICARE office space.
January 18, 2012
- Jordan Panel and Doralco Architectural Metals announce sponsorship participation for this Conference. This Conference brings together leading designers and fabricators to explore real world and future application of curtain wall design and construction.
January 1, 2012
Happy New Year
- Jordan extends "Best Wishes" for a "Healthy and Successful" New Year to our extended family of affiliated Architects, Manufacturers, Business Vendors, and Contractors.
December 14, 2011
- Jordan Panel Systems congratulates Stony Brook Medical Center and Ambulatory Care for their recognized reaccreditation and commendation representing the schools "Institutional Strengths".
Working with Architect Cannon Design, Jordan was responsible for the building enclosure construction of the "Major Modernization" of the Hospital. Features include a custom aluminum glass curtain wall with integrated aluminum composite panel features. See Project at Au Courant
October 11, 2011
- Jordan Panel Systems receives a MCA Chairman's 2011 Honorable Mention Award and recognition for "Architectural Use of Sunshades" with the LearningSpring School, New York New York.
- Jordan Panel Systems celebrates the "Closing of the Ring" securing the final panel on 250,000 square feet of integrated metal panel roofing system with a safety record of "0" days lost.
- “LearningSpring School”, Metals in Construction Magazine Article
July 27, 2011
July 21, 2011
Jordan Panel Systems, Specialty Contractor regarding AIA National Merit Award winner and LEED certified LearningSpring School for Autism, NY NY
June 25, 2011
- At 27,500 sq. ft. this 229 seat theater is a leading edge design built for flexibility in venue configuration and acoustics. Scheduled to open the Spring of 2013, Jordan Panel Systems for the exterior aluminum composite rain screen panel system with an integrated granite inlay.
June 14, 2011
Greater New York Users Council, “GNYUC” showcased “The Top Construction Projects 2010” featuring “The Setai Hotel”.
- Jordan Panel Systems was responsible for, “The Building Crown” and took part in the award ceremony honoring the Developer- Bizzi Partners, Gwathmey Siegel - Architect and General Contractor- Pavarini McGovern.
June 12, 2011
Jordan Panel Systems Incorporates TQM Construction Process
- Jordan Panel Systems credits a Total Quality Management (TQM) integrative philosophy of management for continuously improving the quality of material and field processes for new construction. Incorporated at Brookhaven National Labs, Jordan Panel Systems is responsible for the entire building envelope. Utilizing TQM capitalizes on the involvement of management, construction team and suppliers in order to meet project and safety requirements. Despite winter weather delays, Jordan Panel is poised to build out NSLS II ahead of schedule.
April 29, 2011
- Jordan Panel Systems was selected as the Specialty Exterior Contractor with regards to furnish and installation of aluminum and glass curtain wall, custom sun shade system and aluminum panel assemblies among other energy saving features of the new building façade. These buildings will be LEED Certified in keeping with BMW’s commitment to a Global Green Initiative. HLW is the Architect and Hunter Roberts Construction Group the general contractor.Click to Read More
Jordan Panel Systems Director Business Development Announced … V. Charles Cottitta Jr.
- Mr. John A. Finamore Sr. President /CEO is pleased to announce the appointment of Charles Cottitta to Director of Business Development and Marketing. He will be responsible for maintaining client relations as well as New Project Development, Branding/ Marketing and Business-to- Business Sales.
“He emphasizes a construction team approach with Jordan’s clients. Benefiting architects, construction managers, general contractors and developers his expertise will bring a faster and timely response in areas of project selection and scope, pre – bid qualifying, cross functional marketing and sales solutions. His core goal is to continuously foster the highest level client relationships to bring long term value to both project clients and Jordan,” said Mr. Finamore.
October 25, 2010
Newsday Long Island Business- Click to read “Raising the Roof on New Jobs”